1230 ca. - Gervaso di Tilbury (attr.), Ebstorf Mappa mundi, east orientation, in Latin, centered on Jerusalem, 358x 357 cm (diam. 357 cm) on 30 sheets of parchment assembled together.
19th century facsimile of the mappa mundi conserved in the cloistered Benedictine convent in Ebstorf, Lower Saxony (Germany). The original was destroyed in 1943 during the Allied bombing of Hanover.
Courtesy of the Städtische Museen auf der Plassenburg, Kulmbach. Reproduction prohibited.